Bob Cain is Managing Director of Tourism Futures International (TFI) and heads a team of highly skilled professional consultants. Bob is an experienced consultant and strategic analyst with extensive, broad-based experience in aviation, travel and tourism.
Bob has been Manager Director and consultant with TFI for 25 years. During the period 1990 to 1996 he was also Co-Director of BDW Aviation Services.
- Strategic Planning Director at Qantas Airways,
responsible for group-wide strategic planning and Government affairs.
- Strategic planning and policy roles for various State and Federal Government bodies.
- Six years in forecasting and commercial planning roles in the telecommunications sector.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) – University of NSW
Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences – Stockholm University.
Masters Degree in Economics – Macquarie University.
Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
Bob has project managed a wide range of consulting assignments for airlines, airports, tourism investors and governments in Asia and the Middle East as well as in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.
In addition, Bob has:
- Facilitated strategic planning workshops for government departments, airlines and airports tourism and freight forecasting.
- Developed and taught programmes in Strategic Management and Services Operations for a number of universities.
- Lectured, presented papers and conducted workshops at specialist conferences, on issues such as Forecasting, Attracting Low Cost Airlines, Airport Retailing, and Customer Service.